I was vacuuming our bedroom this past Monday when I smelled something burning. I thought it was something on the vacuum so I turned it off and checked on it. Nothing was wrong with the vacuum. Just then, Sam comes running in the room with a panicked look on his face signing “help” “open” over and over. He recently learned how to turn our toaster on so I thought he had done that. Nope. Not the toaster either. It was the microwave! I vaguely remember my mom telling me a story about some of my cousins who put army men or cars or something in the microwave and melted them and shorted the microwave out. I dash over, turn the microwave off, and open the door. It was empty! Whew!! However, if you turn on an empty microwave that, embarrassingly, has a few crumbs (rice) stuck on it, you get a NASTY house-burning-down smell. It was awful! Sam knew he had done something wrong and thankfully, came to get me to fix it. He hasn’t touched the microwave since that incident so hopefully that was the end of it.

Sorry there isn’t a picture. I just mainly wanted to document Sam’s first attempt at burning our house down.

Steph

Advertisements